Start date: Term 1 2020
Position: Term Time - Up to 15 hours per week
Pay Rate: School Officer Level 5 - $31.95 - $33.50 per hour
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Marian Catholic School is a Catholic co-educational primary school with 380 students from Prep to Year 6. The school was established in 1988, formed from the amalgamation of St John Fisher’s College and St Margaret Mary’s Primary School, Holy Family School and in 1995, St Mary’s School West End. Today we are part of the Holy Family parish and support 380 students.
Marian Catholic School is a family-centred school and welcomes parental involvement and engagement. The school’s culture is welcoming, inclusive and loving, with each child nurtured to develop to their fullest potential. Marian Catholic School enjoys a strong reputation in the Townsville community and challenges students to live out our motto, “To strive for love and peace.”
What we are looking for
Marian Catholic School is seeking applications from suitability qualified and passionate individuals to commence as the School Chaplain for 15 hours per week commencing Term 1 2020.
The role of the Chaplain:
- Provide pastoral and spiritual support to students
- Create opportunities for the faith development of students
- Advance the religious life of the school community
- Foster the experience of Catholic community within the school
- Engage the school community in social justice and social action
- Encourage and facilitate connections with Church/faith communities and agencies
- Undertake ongoing professional learning
- Hold a minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care or an equivalent qualification
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility.
- Undertake system based Student Protection Training
Please see Position Description for further information.
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees
Applications close 4pm Friday 13th December 2019.
Interviews will be held in January 2020.