Mt St Patrick College is a school that strives to be truly Catholic in our identity and life; a centre of the new evangelisation and a place where the dignity and potential of every student is recognised and developed. Mt St Patrick College is a place where students are formed in the faith and can achieve high levels of ‘Catholic religious literacy’ and practice, and where the learning outcomes of every student are improved.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position:
Part Time/Temporary Position, 5 days per fortnight
To start Term 2 2019
The role of the School Counsellor is to support and assist school teams to better understand and manage student mental health issues, with a view to improving student outcomes. The Counsellor works within the school pastoral care and student well-being structures, providing specialist and targeted support to students affected with mental health issues or those having significant emotional and behavioural issues.
- A Registered Psychologist/Social Worker is required to facilitate and monitor emotional, behavioural, social and educational counselling for our College
- Support, accept, and uphold the mission, teachings and ethos of the Catholic Church’s work in schools
- Applicants will have experience and/or enthusiasm for working in schools, excellent communication skills, flexibility, the ability to work collaboratively with teaching teams, and the ability to engage and relate to students, parents and
- They will also possess a good understanding of child adolescent development and youth mental health interventions.
- Ability to both work independently with limited supervision, and in consultation with current school counsellor.
- Applicants must be eligible for membership of their relevant association (APS, AASW) and have a strong understanding of their professional bodies ethical and legal requirements, especially in relation to working within a school.
- The successful candidate will be expected to take an active part in the full life of the College.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Learning Disorders (e.g. Dyslexia), and Behavioural Disorders, including individual and educational based interventions, and
- Experience delivering group based learning
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria, together with a current resume and the contact details of three referees, saved as one PDF to:
Paul Clohesy – Principal
Mt St Patrick College Murwillumbah
Enquiries phone: (02) 66722340
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 22 March 2019
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer