Start date: Commencing September (Week 9)
Tenure: 20 hours per week - Term Time Contract until 6/12/19
Position: Level 2 $26.12 - $26.80 per hour
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
At St Joseph’s we have a love of learning, and children are actively encouraged, by our committed and professional staff, to develop to their fullest potential. Our school firmly believes each and every one of our students has a variety of rich talents, gifts and interests. When these are affirmed and encouraged in a spirit of openness, respect and trust, we build fine young people. As a community, we strive to support each other, work with each other, live in harmony with each other, all for the well-being of the children, who are our primary focus.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
An experienced and passionate School Officer - Assisted Student Learning to join our team on a term-time contract basis until the 6/12/19.
- Assist student learning, either individually or in groups, under the direct supervision of an academic staff member in a variety of classrooms
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials or projects for staff
- Be aware of the subject teacher’s expectations of the students in the class and work with the teacher, actively participating in activities, intervening and encouraging students where appropriate
- Respond to all students in the classroom in a warm and encouraging manner and build collaborative relationships with the students and respond to individual learning needs
- Other duties that may be required from time to time
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly regarded, however not essential
- Certificate IV in Education Support or equivalent is desirable
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work collaboratively in an innovative team
- Ability to work unsupervised and a willingness to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility.
- Willingness to complete system-based Student Protection Training prior to commencement
How to apply
- Complete a covering letter explaining why you are best suited to this position (optional)
- Attach your current resume with relevant references
Please see the Position Description for further information.
Applications close 4pm Friday 23rd August 2019.