Rosemead is an independent Dulwich co-educational preparatory school for children aged 2.5 to 11 and is currently seeking to recruit experienced, enthusiastic Receptionists to work closely with all members of the Pre Preparatory school’s leadership team and colleagues.
Well-presented and personable, the ideal candidate(s) will often be the first point of contact for children, parents, staff and visitors. Thus, the ability to present a professional yet welcoming and friendly personality is paramount. The Receptionist will bring their excellent administration, IT, and communication skills to the school. You will be a qualified first aider, or will be willing to train.
This post is Term Time only and you will not be required to work during the school’s holidays, other than 2 days prior to the start of term and 2 days after, to ensure everything is ready for the returning children and Teaching staff.
Hours to be covered are 8.00am to 17.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Post 1:- 08:00 – 12:30
Post 2:- 12:30 – 17:00
Salary will be apportioned pro rata to the hours worked and paid in 12 equal monthly payments.
Skills / Personal Qualities
• Experience in a busy receptionist role, ideally within a school.
• Demonstrate a courteous, helpful and approachable manner at all times.
• An appropriate first aid qualification or the willingness to complete training.
• The ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
• Proven IT skills, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. A Database (eg PASS) experience would be an advantage.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as an efficient, reliable and flexible team member.
• Undertaking front of house duties. Greeting visitors to the school, dealing with incoming enquiries by phone, post and e-mail.
• Providing secretarial /admin support to the Head of the Pre Preparatory School.
• Providing general clerical support to the school’s Teaching team.
• Providing first aid assistance as required (full training will be provided) and recording incidents / accidents as necessary.
• Inputting data into the school’s database (PASS) as required.
• Maintaining the electronic school register and following up any unauthorised absence.
• Managing lost property.
Rosemead Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance along with other relevant pre-employment checks. References will be sought, and we will approach referees prior to interview. We will also validate references by subsequent enquiry.