Position: Science Technician
Apply by: Friday 14th December 2018
Contract term: Part time Permanent (20 Hours)
Job start: ASAP
School Visits: Welcomed
Interview: w/c 17th December 2018
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its 4 CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading educational and business leaders.
City Academy Birmingham is looking to recruit a Science Technician to join its dynamic, committed team. This is a part time role of 20 hours a week, there is flexibility around how these part time hours are structured and we would encourage applicants to apply.
You will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
· To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
· To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
· To share and support the academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth whilst fostering the academy’s ethos providing equal opportunities for all.
· To take an active responsibility for the safeguarding and elfare of all students and young people within the academy.
Prepare teaching resources and equipment required for lessons, and clear away equipment after lessons.
· Set up and test science demonstration experiments and ensure that they work satisfactorily.
· Manage laboratories ensuring that the right equipment, tools, chemicals and other materials are adequately stocked and kept in working condition.
· Maintain, clean and repair equipment to ensure it is in good working order.
· Monitor levels of materials and raise orders where necessary after discussion with HOD.
· Support the class teacher and students during lessons, offering technical advice when necessary.
· Provide guidance to teachers and students on how to use laboratory facilities in an appropriate and safe manner.
· Use CLEAPSS guidelines to help maintain compliance with health, safety and security regulations.
· Be aware of departmental and academy health and safety measures, including relevant risk assessments.
· To take part in Open Evenings and Parents’ Evenings and any other similar event to support students and their families.
· To attend meetings and professional development activities as required.
· To play a full part in the life of the academy community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
For an informal discussion please contact Miss J Breakwell on 0121 729 7100
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.