32.5 hours per week. Term time + inset + one week during the school holidays.
Level 4 – SCP 8-13
Actual salary: £16,102 - £17,703 inclusive of fringe allowance
We are looking for an experienced technician to support and assist teachers in the delivery of the Science curriculum by preparing equipment and materials for demonstration or for students to use within the context of teaching and learning. You will have excellent communication skills to work with our young people in our busy successful school. You will be approachable, calm, caring but firm and have experience of working with teachers and supporting students. A high standard of literacy and numeracy is essential for this post and duties will include:
- The preparation and presentation of equipment for demonstrating or to be used by students for learning activities.
- Ensuring that equipment is dismantled and stored appropriately after use.
- Monitoring and tidying stocks.
- Under the direction of the teacher provide support and guidance to students in using equipment or undertaking learning activities.
- Ensuring that preparation and activities fall within appropriate health and safety guidelines.
- Line management responsibility, as appropriate, for other Technicians.
- Arranges annual maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
For further information and an application pack, please contact Karen Crump either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01753 520473.
Closing date: 18 October 2019
Beechwood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. CVs are not acceptable.
An enhanced DBS is required for this post.