£17,007- 17,681 pro rata. £14,743 - £15,327 actual salary
37 hours per week, 40 working weeks (term time plus non-student days plus 1 week holiday working)
Maltings Academy is graded ‘Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike.
The Science Technician team consists of four full time staff supporting the Science Teaching Team across Maltings Academy and New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham) - one Senior Science Technician, one Assistant Senior Science Technician and two Science Technicians.
The successful candidates will have:
- Level 3 Science qualification (A Level or equivalent)
- Experience in a Science-related role
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including COSHH and ESCC regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and usage of hazardous equipment and tools
- Excellent IT Skills
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am-4pm and Friday 8am-3.30pm, term time plus five non-student days plus one week holiday working). There are two compulsory induction training sessions for all new starters which take place on Mondays from 3.15pm-4.30pm.
This position is initially based at Maltings Academy. However, as we work closely with New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham), all new contracts are to work across both academies. The position is due to start as soon as possible.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for applicants who have a degree (or are studying for a degree), as you will gain experience to potentially develop a career within teaching. Two of our Science Technicians have progressed to our School Direct Teacher Training programme - for further information on this programme, please contact Jodie Day on 07825 330 257.
You can also contact Nicky Giles, Senior Science Technician for an informal discussion about the post - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01376 512 911.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- Discount at Witham Leisure Centre
This position is required to commence as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to take place Friday 14 December 2018.
Closing date: Monday 10 December 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. Candidates are advised to carefully consider the Supporting Statement section of the application form, explaining clearly how they meet the requirements of the person specification. You must provide professional references with business contact information covering the past five years.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.