We are a successful Multi-Academy Trust with a friendly atmosphere. Guilsborough Academy is within 5 minutes reach of M1/M6/A14. We offer an outstanding professional development entitlement and superb resources.
‘Science lessons are characterised by high levels of enthusiasm, strong relationships between pupils and their teachers and teachers’ high expectations of what all groups of pupils can achieve.’ Ofsted 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and inspirational Second in Science that will teach KS5 Physics as well as across all the science disciplines at KS3 and KS4. You will be joining a successful and well-established Science department that is passionate about the subject and focused on pupil success.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to gain vital leadership experience, whilst contributing to continued improvement and success with the science department.
- To be responsible for a Key area of faculty focus in Science which will involve monitoring and updating the assessment structure and intervention programme as necessary
- Coordinate and develop all aspects of the key focus area ensuring high achievement and engagement of all students
- Monitor and evaluate student progress within the key focus area and accurately targeting intervention where required
- To be an effective professional who demonstrates excellent curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively and to a very high standard, take responsibility for professional development and ensure students achieve well
- To be a key member of the Science Curriculum Team and contribute to the high standards of teaching and learning
- Teach Physics at KS5
The post will provide an excellent professional development opportunity for an aspiring leader. Visits to the Academy are welcome.
Closing date: 22nd March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are also committed to meeting the requirements of disability discrimination and other legislation.