Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Secondary Teacher
Tenure: Full-Time, Contract
Start Date: Term 4 - 8th October until 6th December 2019
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Catherine’s College, The Whitsundays has a very special place in the history of the Whitsundays. Established as a small convent school by the Sisters of Mercy in 1925, our college has grown to be a co-educational Catholic college for students from Prep to Year 11 in 2016, through to Year 12 in 2017. With dedicated precincts for each stage of their schooling, children at St Catherine’s are provided with an education that is more than just academic.
We use our college values of Excellence, Justice, Compassion, and Community to inspire and guide the character, talents, and aspirations of our young students. Parents and staff work together at encouraging each child to reach their full potential, so they can confidently meet the opportunities and responsibilities of today and their future.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from passionate teachers for a position to teach across English, Humanities, Religion and Cert III in RE - must have TAE Qualifications. There is a possibility to also take either Arts or Drama depending on current rotation.
St Catherine's is seeking a Secondary Teacher to fill the above combination for an ASAP start for Term 4.
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply!
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Complete a written response outlining your suitability to the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 20th Septemeber 2019.