Columba Catholic College is an integral part of the Charters Towers community, and with a rich Christian history and inclusive culture, the College provides a modern and dynamic school environment. Columba Catholic College has 600 students from rural and regional Queensland, as well as interstate and overseas, and boasts a strong cultural diversity. The college aims to encourage students to develop to their full potential and make a positive contribution to their community: locally, nationally and globally.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Columba Catholic College have exciting opportunities available for applicants to commence in Term 1 of 2020.
We are seeking applications for the below positions:
- Or a combination of either English, Religion or HASS - 2 x positions available across the 3 subjects
- Science (Chemistry) - 12 Month Contract
- Senior Mathematics Teacher - 18 Month Contract
- HPE and Maths (Certificate III in Sport and Recreation an advantage)
- Design and Technologies (Industrial and 3D Printing)
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching one of the above mentioned subjects
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
- Relocation Costs up to $1500
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Attach a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications for this position will close 4pm Monday 23rd September 2019.
To learn more about the College please click on this link https://www.columba.catholic.edu.au/
Things to do in Charters Towers