The Platform Operations team at TES plays a big part in ensuring our websites are kept alive and healthy as well as working very closely with a range of engineers to deliver a fast, robust, safe and secure delivery pipeline.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Operations you will be responsible for the day to day support and enhancement of the core infrastructure within TES.
The role is responsible for supporting the 24x7 Amazon Web Services (AWS) platforms. Responsibilities include operating the platform underpinning our websites, automation of services and changes, managing associated 3rd party services, platform support for the Software Engineering team, network services across AWS and between TES and AWS as well as the day to day operations of the AWS environment.
· Ensure all activities are logged, monitored and escalated as appropriate;
· Maintain and manage services in an operational state at all times;
· Support the implementation, management, improvement and monitoring of appropriate service levels.
· Provide engineering support of all AWS services, servers, networks, operating systems, virtualization technologies and applications and other components as a platform that underpin tes.com and associated web properties and services;
· Operate and continuously improve processes for event, alerting, incident and problem management;
· Ensure smooth operations of our AWS platform in collaboration with AWS, other internal technology teams and 3rd parties;
· Continuously improve platform operations and services;
· Ensure capacity and availability of web infrastructure meets operational demand;
· Support the introduction of new services to our platform;
· Ensure AWS security infrastructure is appropriate according to business needs and risk appetite.
· Work in collaboration with Software Engineering teams to ensure changes to our platform are introduced with the minimum of disruption to services and balance risk against investment.
· Collaboration with project teams to ensure, time, resource and costs are in place;
3rd Parties Services
· Engage with third-party suppliers as required (primarily AWS);
· Provide operational services to the Software Engineering Teams;
· Manage the platform to agreed SLA’s.
· Building relationships with internal Software Engineering Teams;
· Strong communication of technical principles to other members of the engineering teams and wider audience;
· At least 2 years of managing AWS services at scale including RI’s and approaches to sizing in the cloud.
· At least 5 years of experience in managing a wide range of technologies including but not limited to:
- Infrastructure automation – Ansible, Terraform
- Large scale logging and monitoring services – Logstash ELK
- Networking technologies and protocols
- Commercial experience with some of the following technologies:
· Ability manage your own project goals and objectives
· Work under pressure when the need arises whilst keeping a clear head
· Ability to manage ambiguity
· Self-starter and self-motivated.