Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other
The Inclusion Department is looking to extend its team of Teaching Assistants to support our students across the age and ability range, years 7-11. We are looking for someone with experience in supporting literacy development, to work with both vulnerable students and those with Special Educational Needs. The successful candidate will join a committed and enthusiastic team of Teaching Assistants providing support for both teaching staff and students.
Experience and knowledge of children with special educational needs, and general learning difficulties is essential, as is the ability to use initiative whilst working with classroom teachers. Applicants with degrees who are looking to gain experience in education are welcome to apply
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate the following:
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills, as evidenced by GCSE English and Maths at Level C or above, or equivalent.
- Behaviour Management strategies to encourage positive behaviour.
- Knowledge and experience of interventions that accelerate progress, particularly in literacy.
- Commitment to raising attainment.
- Be able to use their own initiative to improve areas of practice
- Be able to motivate vulnerable and disengaged learners
So how will AET look after you? We offer…
- A bespoke Professional Development package which allows opportunities to continue with your own education and development,
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- A staff team who are enthusiastic, dedicated, positive and supportive, with an ethos of being like a family.
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Joanne Gleig, Business Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is due to commence as soon as possible.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 March 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.