Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
The SEO manager is responsible for maintaining and building organic traffic to Tes.com, while managing the visibility and restructure of multiple digital assets and verticals across Tes, including new product launches, content deployment and liaising with editorial, engineering and product.
Using a wide range of analytics tools you will be responsible for optimising search rankings for the site.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the education sector - including connected services, policy and teacher behaviour patterns and extensive knowledge of the education jobs market, resources provision and editorial content.
You will be required to problem-solve using your expertise in multiple software tools for SEO and knowledge of the education sector optimise traffic, carry out in-depth audits in the context of the education sector.
Communication skills are key, as this role requires someone to work across several departments with competing aims and deadlines.
The salary range for this role is £45-55,000. The closing date is Wednesday 24th April 2019.
• Assisting in developing the enterprise SEO strategy and roadmap for all digital assets under Tes.com
• Working between marketing, product, engineering, editorial and development teams in the timely delivery of projects
• Evangelising SEO across the business to help secure stakeholder buy-in and drive the strategy forwards.
• SEO consultation to Tech, Editorial and Product Teams to ensure SEO best practices are incorporated at grass-roots level.
• Working closely with the Tech Team to ensure technical SEO improvements are correctly implemented.
• Deep-dive technical SEO auditing and troubleshooting to improve search engine visibility.
• Analyse and disect data from Looker and Google Analytics.
• Analysing and presenting outcomes and trends to relevant stakeholders to C-level.
• Utilising an array of tools including Botify, Conductor Searchlight, SEMRush, Linkdex, Looker, Google Analytics, Search Console and Google Adwords to gain competitive insights, monitor trends and inform strategy.
• Have 7+ years' direct SEO experience with at least three years working in-house.
• This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the education sector - including connected services, policy and teacher behavior patterns.
• Extensive knowledge of the education jobs market, resources provision and editorial content.
• Have experience working on enterprise e-commerce sites within the education sector.
• Have experience working in publishing and editorial teams
• Advanced proficiency in Looker Analytics, Search Console and Botify.
• Strong understanding of the UK and global Education sector.
• Have strong technical skills.
• Have experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Deep Crawl.
• Be technically and analytically focused.
• Have expert knowledge of optimisation to ensure top search rankings are achieved.
• Have proven success in a similar SEO focused role.
• Understand HTML and CSS.
• Understand SEM, Display, Social etc.
• Communication skills are key, as this role requires someone to work across several departments with competing aims and deadlines.