Teacher of Business Studies
We are looking for an enthusiastic NQT from 1 September 2018 to 31st August 2019 on a one year fixed term contract, to join our dynamic and over-subscribed academy (University Technical College), based in state of the art teaching facilities.
As the first major university sponsored University Technical College in the country, Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA) and Aston University Sixth Form combines the very best education for academic and technical skills focused on industry needs. Our outstanding work was recently highlighted as example of best practice in Ofsted’s “Getting ready for work” report.
Since opening in September 2012, AUEA has grown steadily under stable and strong leadership into a vibrant learning community, most recently winning Student of the Year and commended by the final judges for School of the year in the recent 2016 National BTEC Awards.
Aston University Engineering Academy (Years 10 and 11) and Aston University Sixth Form (Years 12, 13 and 14) are both housed in our £16.2 million state of the art building located in the heart of the city of Birmingham, next to the Aston University and Innovation Birmingham campuses, and situated next door to the new National College High Speed Rail (a direct progression option for our students). Thirty UTCs are now open across England, with a further 26 opening in the next two years and every single UTC student so far has gone on to university, apprenticeships or employment. http://www.utcolleges.org/about/overview/
You will have responsibility for the teaching of the subject of Business Studies to reflect both AUEA and local and national priorities and which personalises learning for all students and ensures rigorous and continuous monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of students’ outcomes. Your teaching will ensure that Business Studies learning is exciting and engaging and delivered in partnership with Aston University and our significant industry partners so that our young people are motivated to strive for excellence.
Every Monday afternoon students finish earlier to allow dedicated Staff CPL as well as external courses and training. We are proud to have a proven record of accelerating careers, with many of our staff securing; leadership, middle leader and wider responsibilities earlier than the majority of schools. Consequently AUEA provides an outstanding platform from which to start and progress your career.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed teacher
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- Excellent NQT
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
As a member of AUEA we will offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities including potential options for higher study through our sponsor Aston University.
- Specialist Subject training from leading industry partners.
- Health Care Package
- Staff Benefits through the Aston University Staff benefits scheme including
- Term time family day and TOIL options
- Access to Aston University’s Gym and Leisure facilities for heavily reduced staff rate (from just £12 per month)
- Access to Aston University’s award winning nursery scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free Audiology, eye tests and health clinics via Aston University
- Hospitality discounts and hotel accommodation
- Sports coaching, Outdoor education qualifications, and Military training as part of CCF.
- Opportunities for international travel as part of our Austrian technical school (HTL) European partnership
- A close knit, friendly and supportive working environment
- Excellent ICT and learning resources
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and to arrange a visit to AUEA.
To find out more please visit: http://tinyurl.com/zud745q and www.auea.co.uk
Closing date: 22nd June 2018
Interviews to be held week commencing w/c 25th June 2018
AUEA is committed to equal opportunities and safer recruitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this role.