Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School with Platinum Artsmark status situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Drama to join our outstanding Drama Faculty. Drama is very popular with large numbers studying the subject at GCSE and A-Level and many students furthering their studies at University and Drama Schools. We are seeking to recruit someone who is motivated, dynamic and has a passion for Drama. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career. A new 3 classroom dedicated drama block is being constructed shortly offering a new suite of excellent facilities.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus including a professional 270 seater theatre.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
If you have a passion for teaching Drama, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: 9am Monday 25th June 2018
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this full time position. For NQTs this will be a paid position from July 2018. For those seeking extra responsibility opportunities are available.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. We welcome online TES applications.
Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Officer, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.