The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher to join the successful English Department.
The post is available from 1 September 2020 on permanent, full or part-time basis (57.14% to 100%). The full-time teaching contact time at Reigate College is 22.75 hours per week.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post holder must be confident in the use of information technology in all aspects of their work.
The post would equally suit an experienced teacher or newly qualified teacher.
The Department is housed in the County Building. All classrooms are fully equipped with data projectors and white boards. The department also has access to desktop PCs and mobile learning technologies to further enhance learning.
The Department teaches in a collaborative style, with all staff contributing to central teaching resources. Students regularly progress onto university courses for English Literature, English Language, Law and Teaching.
The Department has eight other members of teaching staff. The Department works closely as a team in a friendly and co-operative manner. Strong emphasis is given to mutual support by the exchange of ideas and materials.
The Department offers the following qualifications:
• A Level English Literature
• A Level English Language and Literature
• A Level English Language
• GCSE English Language resits for those who have not yet achieved a grade 4
The full-time salary for this post is up to £40,888 per annum.
Applicants are asked to complete and return the enclosed application form to the Personnel Department by email to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 6 April 2020.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• A Level Results (A*-B grades, retention and value added) across the various A Levels, preferably for the past 3 years
• GCSE Results (9-4 grades, retention and value added) preferably for the past 3 years
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
• Which qualifications you are familiar with
- Whether you wish to apply for the full or part-time post and if part-time, what percentage you are looking for
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.