Teacher of Food Technology & Catering
Salary- Main Scale (Fringe)
Starting: As soon as possible
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual to join a well-established team delivering the food technology and catering curriculum, from core offer through to examination groups. You will be teaching Year 6, KS3, KS4 and Sixth Form students with a wide range of social, emotional or mental health needs. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on pupils’ lives, raising aspirations and improving opportunities for our young people.
An engaging and dynamic teaching style is essential, working with students in our professional-standard teaching kitchen. The role will be demanding and challenging, but rewarding. Knowledge of SEN strategies and experience is desirable. You will be a team member in a wider faculty, as well as a pastoral form tutor.
All of our learners have EHCPs and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School work towards the end goal of helping students to re-integrate into mainstream learning as well as preparing them for adulthood.
• Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
• Qualified Teacher Status
• To be able to implement and deliver appropriate differentiated and personalised learning
• Delivery of a subject specialism
• Excellent team work skills, with a flexible, engaging and adaptable approach
• To work as part of a tutor team
• Proactive, creative and innovative
• Emotionally robust and resilient
• To support pupil progression and transition to appropriate education provision Benefits
• Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
• Regular mentoring and coaching
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Closing Date – Wednesday 23rd October at 3.30pm
Interviews w/c 28th October
Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the advertised closing date should we find a suitable candidate.