Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for our students. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated teacher of Geography to join our Humanities team. A successful candidate will be teaching a valued subject within the school which has a high uptake at GCSE Geography. You will be working with students who have chosen to be at a successful school.
The humanities department currently offers GCSEs in History, Geography and Sociology. As a team we also plan and deliver the schools’ bespoke RSCS curriculum (religious, social and cultural studies). With our newly opened provision we are looking to expand our offer at KS5 and we welcome applicants who are willing to enhance this provision. We are looking for a team member who is willing to help shape the future direction of our highly committed department. You will be given all the freedom you need to be creative with opportunities to develop the curriculum at all levels.
We would welcome applications from NQTs or more experienced colleagues. We can offer you the next step in your career and give the opportunity to be both developed and challenged. We are looking for a September appointment.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should:
• Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people
• Be committed to achieving outstanding student outcomes
• Be ambitious and have aspirations to develop their career
• Be able to follow the established ethos and culture of our school
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
• A fixed 8 week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
• As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
• Within the Trust we have a dedicated Teaching School and all staff regularly attend professional development sessions either as participants or facilitators. The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the Trust, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows the Teaching School to offer fantastic opportunities for our staff.
• All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme. A reduced price membership to the local gym is also available.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to extend an invitation for you to look round our unique school where we would like to have the opportunity to tell you more about this exciting role. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Smith, PA to the Principal on 01536 213100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our school is open as usual over the traditional Easter holiday period due to the unique term structure.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Smith
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 24th April 2019