Teacher of Mathematics
Due to a Maternity Cover due from January 2019 we are looking for a enthusiastic teacher for a Maternity Cover from 1 September 2019 to 31st August 2020. However we expect that this will extend to a permanent contract following this.
You will be joining our dynamic and over-subscribed academy (University Technical College), based in state of the art teaching facilities. About Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA).
Mathematics is a vital element of our curriculum and includes Year 9 Maths Mastery, GCSE Mathematics, Level 3 Core Mathematics, A Level Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Mathematics for Engineers.
You will join a friendly and supportive 100% specialist Mathematics team consisting of; Mathematics Curriculum Area Leader, Assistant-CAL, Key stage 3/4 Coordinator and 2 specialist Maths Teachers.
We are looking for innovative and creative teachers that will ensure that our young people strive for excellence and therefore students make outstanding progress.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed teacher /NQT
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Why you should work at AUEA?
- Working at AUEA will give you the chance to make genuine difference to the life chances of young people. 98% of our UTC graduates go onto apprenticeships university and Employment
- We feel that no other school in the Midlands values self reflection so highly. We are invested in the Onvu system which enables your development in a unique, innovative and non-judgemental way.
- At AUEA we have the ability to take days off during term time, virtually unheard of in the rest of the education sector as senior leadership value maintaining a positive work-life balance.
- Time is dedicated to your training and development every Monday.
- Our partnership with Aston University enables a wide range of additional benefits and access to higher education courses.
- Designated Staff Benefits, training and Health Care Package (Explore)
- Opportunity to gain commission in the RAF as part of our RAF CCF Programme
- Opportunity for international visits.
Visits are welcome to book your place or for any further details please email the Principal's PA Pauline Dobson via email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 16th October at 16:00pm
Interviews will be Monday 21st October 2019
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.