We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Mathematics to join our thriving team.
As we develop the curriculum to meet the needs of our new ‘Challenge- Learn- Achieve’ culture, we need strong teachers, with a clear vision to support our Rapid Improvement Plan. Candidates will join a team of inspirational teachers within our Maths department, who are relentlessly determined to raise standards and ensure students have consistent and meaningful learning opportunities. The successful applicant will be required to teach at all levels. We offer exceptional opportunities for professional development.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of rapid improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, helping learners to understand the many different branches of human knowledge, challenging them to think critically and encouraging a desire for truth and curiosity in life. We further believe that ‘resilience, ambition and respect’ are vital educational tools.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be:
• An outstanding practitioner
• Innovative and inspirational
• Committed to and has a strong belief in teamwork
• Able to lead, challenge and motivate students
• Committed to working with parents and the wider community
Why work at Meridian High School
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
Thrive in a Career at GLF
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
● Continuous Professional Development
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Flexible Working
● Staff Wellbeing
● Career Pathways and Talent Management
● Staff Benefits
● Community and Collaboration
● Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: MPR/UPR (Outer London)
Job Start date: September 2020
Hours: Full time
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th March
For more information about the role, or to arrange a tour, please contact the school directly.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.