Hammersmith Academy is an innovative 11-18 mixed, non-denominational academy situated in the heart of the West London community. We are passionate about raising standards and our approach to learning reflects this.
With an OFSTED rating of Good, “Staff describe the school as a "dynamic" and "energising" place to work and pupils share this view" - OFSTED 2017.
We are looking to strengthen the expertise within the Mathematics Department and invite applications for a Teacher of Mathematics.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative and dedicated team who are committed to instilling our students with a passion for Mathematics.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a passionate teacher of Mathematics and have a genuine belief in the potential of every student
• be committed to Hammersmith Academy's ethos of high expectations and going the extra mile
• have excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms
• have experience of teaching at A-Level
Hammersmith Academy offers:
• a bespoke CPD program for all staff and exciting career opportunities
• excellent pastoral care
• an excellent reputation in the local community
• a dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
• first-class facilities and resources
• a comprehensive staff benefits package including free daily lunch
• aspirational and hardworking students
• strong parental engagement
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
For further details, please visit our website www.hammersmithacademy.org
Closing Date: Friday, 21st May - 9:00am
Interviews: Week beginning Monday, 24th May
Part-time/job share will be considered
Candidates may be invited for interview upon receipt of a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. Early application is therefore advised.
All applications will be initially acknowledged by e-mail. If you have not heard further within two weeks of the closing date you may assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Hammersmith Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Hammersmith Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of any protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Please note that, as part of Hammersmith Academy’s Green approach and our commitment to reducing the impact of vehicular access to the Academy on the local and global environment, there is very limited parking and all staff are therefore encouraged to travel to work by public transport.
Hammersmith and Fulham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Hammersmith Academy is a non-denominational, all-ability, co-educational secondary school for 11-18 year olds.
To develop highly qualified, aspirational young adults who make outstanding progress and as active citizens take a lead w...