Hammersmith and Fulham, United Kingdom
About Hammersmith Academy
Hammersmith Academy is a non-denominational, all-ability, co-educational secondary school for 11-18 year olds.
To develop highly qualified, aspirational young adults who make outstanding progress and as active citizens take a lead within the community and are committed to giving 100% in everything they do.
We inspire pride and confidence in our students to achieve their full potential. Everyone in the Academy is responsible for modelling a positive and professional attitude at all times.
We create a stimulating and enriching learning environment where high expectations and challenge prepare students for a global society.
We succeed by developing a growth mind-set through the skills of resilience, resourcefulness, reflectiveness and reciprocity.
HA learners demonstrate:
- Pride and Commitment
- Professionalism and Leadership
- Community participation
- Honesty and Reliability
- Respect and Integrity
- Confidence and Independence
Hammersmith Academy ensures that students are happy, safe and secure in their learning and develop through a culture of success, into self-confident independent learners who become highly valued members of their community. Strong leadership at all levels challenges underachievement and ensures students make outstanding progress and achieve high standards of attainment.
It is an inspiring and creative place to learn, which is rich in digital and creative media technology that stimulates and develops students’ academic and vocational skills through the promotion of excellence.
The Academy offers all its staff a range of benefits including:
- Interest Free Loan of up to £1000 - for a piece of IT equipment like an iPad
- Employer pension contribution – Teachers pension scheme (Teachers); Local Government Pension scheme (Support staff)
- Season ticket loan – employees are entitled to apply for an annual, interest free season ticket loan for travel or apply for a bike loan
- Free Health and Fitness – full access to the Academy’s fantastic gym and fitness facilities
- Free lunch and hot drinks – for staff who dine with students
- Free breakfast — on Fridays and on INSET days and staff can take advantage of our subsidised breakfast service each day
- A commitment to Wellbeing — free flu vaccinations offered annually, INSET in July to plan for September so that you can enjoy your summer, an annual wellbeing week and a two week half term during the Autumn Term
Hammersmith Academy is proud to be a Living Wage employer.
Investors in people
Hammersmith Academy has been awarded accreditation against the Investors in People Standard after just 5 years.
'Hammersmith Academy has established a culture of high aspirations for all members of the academy and the ‘leadership team and a committed governing body have created an inclusive and nurturing environment that values the learning needs of both pupils and staff.’- Ofsted, 2017
Hammersmith Academy have been awarded accreditation against the Investors in People Standard after just 5 years. Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said: “We’d like to congratulate Hammersmith Academy, Investors in People accreditation is the sign of a great employer, an outperforming place to work and a clear commitment to success. HA should be extremely proud of their achievement”.- Investors in People