Teacher of Mathematics (full-time)
Required for January 2020 or earlier
Do you want to be part of our highly innovative, driven and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success?
Are you a Primary Colleague wishing to specialise in Mathematics? Or a Secondary Colleague looking for new challenges and opportunities?
If so, why not come and visit our school and see what we have to offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our Mathematics Faculty at one of the highest achieving schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. This position would suit a professional in any stage of their teaching career, including newly qualified teachers. Primary colleagues who would like to specialise in Mathematics are encouraged to apply and opportunities for progression such as Lead Practitioner roles are available to outstanding candidates. Colleagues interested in part-time roles are also welcome to apply.
Our Mathematics team is committed to delivering high quality learning and teaching provision and offering tailored enrichment experiences, thereby raising standards and giving students exceptional life chances. We are seeking professionals who will contribute significantly to our continued drive and commitment to improving outcomes in Mathematics.
The successful applicant will:
• Be a dynamic and innovative practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of learning is great.
• Be an aspirational teacher with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes for our students.
• Have excellent knowledge of Mathematics to Key Stage 3 level and willing to further develop their knowledge to include Key Stage 4.
• Be willing to contribute to learning and teaching developments in the Faculty.
• Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students.
• Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
• Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
We pride ourselves on:
• Our success and drive in helping students achieve their full potential in Mathematics – an improving Progress 8 Score; 65.9% grade 4 or above; 40.0% grade 5 or above; and 11.9% grade 7 or above. We are comitted to improving these outcomes further so that they are well above national averages.
• Having well-resourced Mathematics classrooms and equipment.
• Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
• Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
• Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally.
- Strong professional mentor support and subject development for professionals embarking on their teaching career.
• Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, a laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Monday 21st October 2019 at 2pm
Interview date: Thursday 24th October 2019