Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters degree completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are seeking a motivated and creative teacher with a genuine passion for bringing the best from every single student, to join our team.
- You will be committed to ensuring students make their very best progress, through planning and delivering engaging lessons that will inspire our learners to succeed across KS3 and KS4.
- You will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment
- This post is equally suitable for experienced teachers and newly qualified teachers with talent and a drive for improving learning across classrooms.
We are looking for a Teacher of RE and or Citizenship, who really cares about helping our students succeed. You will be joining a Humanities department whose members:
- Support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
- Form an excellent team of teachers in a key faculty area, comprising a Director of Learning for Humanities, two Deputy Directors of Learning, and a team of skilled subject specialists
- Get together as a team outside of school.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Learning to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jim Taylor Director of Learning, on email@example.com
The position is due to commence on April 15 2019, with interviews to be held week beginning 22 January 2019
Closing date: 18 January 2019
For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/careers.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, click the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.