Are you a teacher that can inspire highly motivated students?
Can you create an inclusive learning environment which enables all students to exceed expectations?
Can you empower students to succeed?
If you are looking for a new challenge and are passionate about Science then this could be the school for you.
"Staff describe the school as a "dynamic" and "energising" place to work and pupils share this view" - OFSTED 2017
Hammersmith Academy is an innovative 11-18 mixed non-denominational academy situated in the heart of the West London community.
At Hammersmith Academy we are passionate about raising standards and our approach to learning reflects this. We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to deliver outstanding teaching and learning. The successful candidate will join a collaborative and dedicated team who are committed to instilling our students with a passion for their subjects. An additional responsibility may be offered for suitable candidates.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be a passionate teacher of Science and have a genuine belief in the potential of every student
- be committed to Hammersmith Academy's ethos of high expectations and going the extra mile
- have excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms
- have experience of teaching at A Level
- an additional responsibility may be offered for suitable candidates.
Hammersmith Academy offers:
- a bespoke CPD program for all staff and exciting career opportunities
- excellent pastoral care
- an excellent reputation in the local community
- a dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- first-class facilities and resources
- a comprehensive staff benefits package
- aspirational and hardworking students
- strong parental engagement
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
For further details visit our website www.hammersmithacademy.org to download an application form.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 25th February 2019 at 9am
Interviews will take place: To be confirmed
Hammersmith Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Hammersmith Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, race, age, disability or marital status.
Please note that, as part of Hammersmith Academy’s Green approach and our commitment to reducing the impact of vehicular access to the Academy on the local and global environment, there is very limited parking and all staff are therefore encouraged to travel to work by public transport.