Academy: Leeds West Academy
Job Title: Teacher of Science
Accountable to: Curriculum Leader for Science
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
To carry out the functions of a teacher at Leeds West Academy according to the ethos and expectations of the academy.
Purpose of job:
Support the achievement of all our young people through their learning from 11-18 and beyond, through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strive to deliver a consistently high standard of teaching & learning.
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students.
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Area Team and Academy ARR schedule.
• In consultation with the Curriculum Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of high quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Area Development Plan.
• Be a home-team coach for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their moral, social, cultural, and emotional development through the delivery of the PSHCE curriculum within coaching sessions.
• Within the Area Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PSHCE areas, as designated to the subject area through ‘immersion’ curriculum experiences (ICE Weeks).
• Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of Extension, Enrichment and Enhancement activities through a planned weekly programme.
• Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions and Student Enrolment Day, and fulfil duties on rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook.
• Implement all Academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform, use of planners and other routines detailed in the Staff Handbook.
• Observe Academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements, and equality policies.
• Participate in full staff and area meetings, actively contributing to Academy decision making and consultation procedures.
• Participate fully in the Academy Performance Management process, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the Academy’s goal to be an outstanding place of learning.
• Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes and team spirit which will ensure that Leeds West Academy is a pleasant, positive place to learn and work.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds West Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing date: Monday 4th February 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 11th February 2019
Closing date: Thursday 14th February 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 25th February 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedswestacademy.org.uk . To apply, please click the apply button by the closing date of 4th February 2019 or 14th February 2019. Unfortunately we are unable to accept CV’s.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.