Academy : Leeds West Academy
Job Title: Teacher of Technology – Food
Temp Jan 2019 to 31 August 2019 in the first instance
Accountable to: Curriculum Leader for Technology
To carry out the functions of a teacher at Leeds West Academy according to the ethos and expectations of the academy.
Purpose of job:
Support the achievement of all our young people through their learning from 11-18 and beyond, through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard.
Please note that this job description should be read in conjunction with the National Core Standards for Teachers for main-scale post holders, and the post-threshold standards where applicable.
You may be deployed in other White Rose Academies Trust locations within a reasonable distance from your main place of work from time to time; you will be compensated for your additional travel costs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strive to deliver a consistently high standard of teaching & learning.
· Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students.
· Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy.
· Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Area Team and Academy ARR schedule.
· In consultation with the Area Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of high quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Area Development Plan.
· Be a home-team coach for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their moral, social, cultural, and emotional development through the delivery of the PSHCE curriculum within coaching sessions.
· Within the Area Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PSHCE areas, as designated to the subject area through ‘immersion’ curriculum experiences (ICE Weeks).
· Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of Extension, Enrichment and Enhancement activities through a planned weekly programme.
· Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions and Meet Your Coach Day, and fulfil duties on rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook.
· Implement all Academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform, use of planners and other routines detailed in the Staff Handbook.
· Observe Academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements, and equality policies.
· Participate in full staff and area meetings, actively contributing to Academy decision making and consultation procedures.
· Participate fully in the Academy Performance Management process, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the Academy’s goal to be an outstanding place of learning.
· Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes and team spirit which will ensure that Leeds West Academy is a pleasant, positive place to learn and work.
· To promote equal opportunities in Education in Order that all children and families will gain optimum benefit from the service provided.
· To promote and ensure that all students and young people are happy, healthy, safe, successful and achieve economic wellbeing.
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our Academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing date: Monday 15 October 2018 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 17 October 2018
Interviews: 25 October 2018
Start date: January 2019