30 hours per week, term time only
‘Responses from the staff questionnaire show that all are committed to a culture where they strive to raise standards, and give pupils the finest education they can.’ Ofsted 2014
Feversham Primary Academy is a very special learning environment that provides a happy, caring community where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
We are popular locally in our BD3 community and we are within commutable distance of Wakefield, Leeds and Keighley and close to the M1 and M62 motorways. Ofsted in September 2014 judged us to be ‘good’ in all areas across the school and we are well on our way to becoming an outstanding Academy.
We now have an opportunity for a dedicated and committed support staff professional to join ‘Team Feversham’. You will support our teachers in supporting pupils and families that are NTE both on a one to one basis, and in small groups.
- This is fixed term post for one year and the successful candidate must hold English and Maths GCSE level ‘C’ or above or equivalent and have the Ability to speak, Polish, Slovak, Roma and any other languages.
Our staff have benefited from our collaborative work with our other AET ‘northern cluster’ of schools and we will challenge and support you with your career goals while you are part of the ‘Feversham Primary’ family.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting and adapting learning for pupils in any phase.
- Have experience of working with young people
- Be robust, resilient and take a pride in helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have minimum NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent)
We can offer you:
- A positive, community driven school where high staff morale and low staff turnover have contributed to the rapid improvements in attainment and progress.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, and see the retention of staff as a high priority.
- Well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards
We actively encourage candidates to visit us, meet our children and staff and learn about our amazing Academy! Please contact Rehana in the school office on 01274 721751.
Feversham Primary Academy is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 23 February 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click on the ‘quick apply’ button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.