Oryx International School is owned by Qatar Airways and operated by Orbital Education for the children of Qatar Airways employees’. The school opened its doors in 2016 and is now relocating to Barwa City where a purpose built, state of the art school is being constructed.
The school has committed, passionate and motivated stake-holders that have the students at the centre of everything we do.
We offer the rigour, breadth and balance of the English National Curriculum which will ensure all of our students from the 50 different nationalities will achieve success in the classroom, in one of the many laboratories, on the sports field, in the swimming pool, in the music room or on the stage of our 600 seat auditorium.
If you want to join our amazing team at Oryx International, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced teacher in your field
· Able to offer at least one extra-curricular activity
· Totally committed to helping your students to achieve success
In return you will be very well compensated and have many opportunities to develop as an educationalist and as a person.
Whole School – Learning Support
As we move to our new campus at Barwa City we are looking for applications from enthusiastic, hard-working and talented teachers who wish to develop their teaching career in an international setting. If successful, you would be joining a very supportive committed group of professionals with a mix of young and more experienced teachers. You will be working in a five star environment in a brand new, purpose built, and state of the art school.
We would describe our curriculum as broad and balanced. High quality teaching of your subject is very important and we are looking for teachers experienced in working in all through schools.
Our teachers need to be creative, caring and passionate about children’s learning. Our classrooms are active and our students participate in their learning.
As an inclusive school we are non selective. A few students do come to school with barriers and challenges to their learning. We require an experienced teacher who will join our support team and will help develop the current provision for one-to-one, small group, and in class support. If you have experience in the following we want to hear from you:
- providing professional development for subject and classroom teachers to ensure they have inclusive classrooms.
- experience of developing intervention strategies and training Teaching Assistants to implement the strategies
- experience of identifying specific needs
- experience of designing individual learning programmes
- experience of supporting EAL students will be an advantage
The school has a complete suite of rooms situated in the centre of school which will be known as the Achievement Centre. These rooms include three small group rooms, a three quarter size classroom, a resource centre and interview room / Head of Centre room where student progress can be confidentially discussed with parents.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· A brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and that applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in Doha, London and via Skype.
Oryx International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful, a police check will be undertaken in the country of origin as well as a disclosure from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service, for UK residents past and present.