Educational Support Assistant – Reception
32 hours 05 minutes - Grade 5
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 3.25pm with half an hour for lunch.
To commence 26th February 2018 or sooner and is permanent.
Our successful Church of England School is looking for an experienced, committed member of staff with great enthusiasm and energy to work in our ‘GOOD’ Early years unit with 60 inquisitive and delightful children. You will support the team in enabling children to make rapid progress in reading by listening to children read, teaching Read Write Inc phonics programme and delivering small group reading intervention.
Our school opened in April 2014 and has gone from strength to strength since that time. In November 2016 we were judged as ‘OUTSTANDING’ in a SIAMs inspection and in May 2017 as ‘GOOD’ with outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming, supportive and nurturing learning environment where all members of the school community work hard to achieve their goals.
We would like you to :
• Have an understanding of early reading.
• Be positive, with high expectations for children and their behaviour.
• Have experience of working with children with specific special educational needs.
• Able to ask questions of our youngest learners that stretch their thinking.
• Professional and hard working.
• Committed to the School community.
We can offer:
• A supportive, friendly team.
• A caring ethos with strong links to St Saviour’s Parish Church, Brownhill.
• Strong emphasis on collaborative work.
• Professional development to support you in achieving your aspirations.
Deadline for applications: Noon Friday 5th January 2018
Applications can either be posted to the School directly or e-mailed to the Headteacher;email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to a Criminal Record Check via the DBS.