- Quick apply
- Daily rate from £140 up to £190 per day, depending on experience
- Job type:
- Part Time, Temporary
- Start date:
- January 2018
- Apply by:
- 21 December 2017
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a dedicated Geography Teacher to join a ‘Good’ school in a lovely area with beautiful surroundings in Hackney, East London. This Geography Teacher position is available to start in January 2018 through until the end of the academic year with the potential to stay on permanently. This is a co-educational secondary school which caters to pupils aged between 11 and 18.
About the Role
· Geography Teacher
· Commencing January 2018
· Temporary contract with the option to go permanent for the right candidate
· Daily rate from £140 up to £190 per day, depending on experience
About the School
· Ofsted “Good” school with a focus on developing both students and staff
· Modern buildings with state of the art sporting and performing arts facilities
· Great working environment
· Supportive leadership
· Co-ed secondary school catering for pupils aged between 11 and 18
· Sixth form available
· Located a short walk or bus journey from the nearest station
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Strong behaviour management preferred but not essential
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent preferred but not essential
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number CXW1514.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
About Smart Teachers
- Smart Teachers
- Salisbury House, 29 Finsbury Square
- EC2M 5QQ
- United Kingdom
With teams in London and across Australia, Smart Teachers recruit education professionals internationally to fill a wide range of school based roles in teaching, leadership, special needs and learning support.
What we do
We provide a high-quality recruitment service for schools of all kinds. We’re always interested in talking to teachers, teaching assistants, cover supervisors and other support staff with any level of experience – whether you’re an NQT, busy parent or semi-retired! If you’re looking for daily supply, short & long-term cover – or even a permanent role – we can help.
We operate under a simple set of values which impact on everything we do. Our aim is always to be open, honest and ethical in the way we do business; both internally with the way we treat our staff, and externally, in how we look after our clients and candidates. This unique approach to recruitment has made us the first port of call for both schools and teachers alike.
What we offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.