Learning Support Assistant
Kensington Aldridge Academy (KAA)
Kensington and Chelsea
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Apply by:
- 27 November 2017
KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We currently have two roles available – one in the Learning Support Department and another in the Grandin Centre (specialist Autism Centre).
· You will be part of a specialist learning support service, supporting the inclusion of SEN students and those engaged with them, and adapt and deliver support to meet individual needs whilst promote academic achievement.
· You will develop and maintain effective and supportive relationships with a case load of students in order to support their specific learning and emotional needs.
· You will provide timetabled support and guidance to SEN students with a range of complex needs.
· You will advance students' learning in a range of classroom settings, while providing ongoing support outside the classroom through 1-1 and group sessions and specialist enrichment programmes.
· You will use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, and fully contribute to a professional and purposeful learning environment.
· You will promote the inclusion of all students ensuring that they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
· You will work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to broker support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to students.
· You will plan and deliver sequences of learning to ensure that students identified with specific needs make outstanding progress.
· You will monitor the well-being and progress of individual students and maintain excellent communication with all stakeholders.
Deadline: Apply by Monday 27th November 2017
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children
About Kensington Aldridge Academy (KAA)
- Kensington Aldridge Academy (KAA)
- Scrubs Lane, North Kensington
- W12 0DE
- United Kingdom
The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea is a fantastic place to work. KAA is situated near Portobello Road, full of great shops, restaurants and bars. The school is part of the inspiring new £66 million pound Kensington Academy and Leisure Centre campus. All academy employees benefit from discounted membership at the leisure centre. KAA is located in the heart of West London with excellent access to the tube network (Central, Hammersmith & City and Overground lines) as well as many bus routes.
Judged by the DfE to be “one of the best new academies we have ever seen”, KAA is an exemplary start-up school in which all teachers can flourish. Teachers receive intensive training and support and benefit from personalised coaching and mentoring.
KAA has secured prestigious partnerships with a number of high profile educational organisations. We work closely with our partner schools Godolphin & Latymer and Charterhouse, and our performing arts partners LAMDA and the Royal Academy of Dance. We are also a member of the Prince’s Teaching Institute.
Recruitment and development of exceptional teachers will always be the first priority of our school. The much quoted 2007 McKinsey report into effective education systems concluded, “no education system can exceed the quality of its teachers.” Of course, the same is true of any school. At KAA, teaching and learning is our core business, and we focus continually on improving our classroom practice. Our internal training, coaching, mentoring and lesson observation systems are of a national standard. So, whether you are at the start of your teaching career, or someone with many years of experience in the classroom, if you come and work for us you will be given professional development opportunities which are second to none. This means you will need to be reflective, open and committed to your ongoing development. “At KAA we are all learners” is one of our mantras.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the growth of our school as we are joined by our second cohort of sixth formers. Our Sixth Form opened in September 2016 and offers students an experience that is totally unique in the state sector. No other school can boast the incredible facilities, elite partnerships, and expert teaching which we have here at KAA. As we continue to grow, our staff have also been able to grow and access new opportunities to further progress their career.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.