This is a superb opportunity for someone who has a degree in Mathematics or closely related subject, to join our dynamic and innovative school, rated ‘Excellent’ in all ISI inspection categories. The role would suit an enthusiastic and pedagogically creative teacher. The right candidate will be excited about teaching dynamic lessons, aimed at encouraging and ensuring inclusion of all pupils, whatever their ability.
Mathematics is one of the most popular A Level subjects at Shiplake, with the most able also opting to study Further Mathematics. At GCSE we encourage those with a particular aptitude for the subject to take Additional Mathematics GCSE as well as IGCSE Mathematics. Our focussed diagnostic approach to testing allows us to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of pupils, which informs our approach to teaching and curriculum planning.
The right candidate will answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions:
· Are you passionate about teaching and learning?
· Do students leave your lessons inspired and enthused?
· Do you have high expectations of pupils, and the drive to help them achieve their potential?
· Do you have experience of teaching both GCSE and A Level?
· Would you enjoy working as part of a dynamic and professional team of teachers and support staff?
Shiplake College provides the following:
· Exceptional education delivered by a dedicated team of teachers and support staff with first-rate resources.
· The opportunity to become involved with a busy and varied co-curricular programme available to students.
· A beautiful working environment located on the bank of the River Thames, free lunch and evening meal when on duty, contributory teachers’ pension scheme, gym facilities and open-air swimming pool during summer months.
· Excellent peer support and professional development opportunities.
· Inclusive and thriving community spirit.
· Accommodation on site (for selected staff).
Ambitious NQTs are welcome to apply alongside those with more experience.
Informal pre-application discussions and visits are welcome; please call Moya Flynn on 01189 405218. A job/person specification and an application form may be obtained from www.shiplake.org.uk/vacancies
Closing Date: Monday 26 February at 10.00am
Interviews: Thursday 8 and Friday 9 March