- A highly effective teacher of Science and leader with a passion to inspire young scientists?
- A champion of professional development of self and organisational improvement?
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring and sharing of good practice?
- An ambitious new or existing leader who wishes to make a difference and take the Academy to the next level of successful performance?
- Seeking an opportunity to influence provision across the Academy/Trust?
Maltby Academy within Maltby Learning Trust could be the place to develop your career
Our 11 – 18 school and collaborative Sixth Form is going through an exciting period of change. Maltby Academy is part of an innovative Multi-Academy Trust with four primary and two secondary Academies providing quality education and support for families and young people within the locality.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented teacher and leader with a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes across all key stages. The Assistant Vice Principal - Science and Academy wide Teaching and Learning will possess the key leadership qualities necessary to develop professionals, inspire young people and contribute to school improvement as part of the Academy Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for learning and teaching
- Be proactive, innovative and focused on student outcomes and professional development
- Be an aspiring, ambitious leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a proven track record of raising and maintaining standards and securing high quality provision
- Be an advocate of partnership working and community engagement
In return we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute to developing teaching and learning across the Learning Trust.
- Modern learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development at leadership level
- Mentoring and support from an experienced senior and executive leadership team
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Julie Pawson on 01709 812 864 to make an appointment to visit on either Wednesday 24th January or Wednesday 31st January 2018 between 4 and 5 pm.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications including a supporting letter should be sent to Ross Dyson, HR Officer on email@example.com or to the Academy address below:
Braithwell Road | Maltby | Rotherham | S66 8AB
01709 812 864
Closing Date: Wednesday 14 February 2018 at 9am
Interviews: W/C Monday 19 February 2018