At the brand new Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy, Burton on Trent
Are you a Teacher who believes in learning without limits? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a unique team to set-up a brand new academy from scratch? Are you passionate that all children deserve the very best learning opportunities? If so, we would love to hear from you! At Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy we are looking for Class Teachers for our Early Years classes. We are looking for teachers who are up for a challenge and want to get stuck in with all aspects of our academy life!
Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy is a new primary academy in Burton Upon Trent and is part of REAch2 Academy Trust. Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy will be a school which cultivates strong cultural, social and moral values, as identical to the REAch2 touchstones. An exciting and innovative curriculum will be made special by a wide range of unique learning experiences. A talented and well qualified workforce will engage all learners in reaching the highest standards. High aspirations and expectations will encompass the life of the school and support the development of children with high self-esteem, self-discipline and strong community spirit.
The academy is now looking to appoint permanent staff to open the academy in its brand-new building, being part of the unique opportunity to build and grow the school from its infancy. There is no doubt about it, setting up the academy from scratch will take vision, dedication and hard-work, but being part of that exciting and rare journey will be very rewarding to see the academy take shape over the next few years. To see more information about the school, including design plans of the school, please visit our website http://henhurstridgeacademy.org/
About the role
At Henhurst Ridge, we rightly pride ourselves on the high expectations we place on the academic achievements and behaviour of all children, whatever their need, as well as a broad, diverse and engaging creative curriculum which underpins all that we do. Henhurst Ridge is an inclusive setting, valuing all children’s achievements, ensuring that each child is given every opportunity to meet their full potential. There is no doubt that Henhurst Ridge is an exciting place to be – for children, staff, parents and the local community!
As a Class Teacher, you will be passionate about ensuring the best outcomes for children and giving them every opportunity to succeed, whatever their barriers may be Henhurst Ridge is an academy where every child is respected and treated as an individual, with no limits placed on their learning – just opportunities to continually improve with a growth Mindset approach. We do not ‘label’ children or group them by perceived ‘ability’; we will instead give all children equal opportunities to challenge themselves through the range of tasks and activities presented to them – empowering children to take ownership and responsibility for their own learning.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a good and outstanding classroom practitioners within Early Years who can help shape and mould the provision that our children will receive. Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy will open with two Reception classes and grow year on year with Nursery provision opening in September 2019. You will be part of a unique journey to start up a state of the art school that will be based at the heart of the community for the future as well as being part of the largest primary Multi-Academy Trust in the country.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
- Excellent inter-personal experience as an effective good and outstanding classroom teacher.
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
- Good organisational skills
- Creativity which drives all aspects of teaching and learning.
In return we can offer:
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development.
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors.
- A growing learning community.
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Coaching and mentoring from the academy’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities
- Vast opportunities for career progression
How to apply
We hope you will take the time to find out more about our new academy and experience our warm welcome. For further information about the role, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Charlotte Hopkins, Headteacher at email@example.com or telephone 01283 248 100.
Completed applications should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 2nd February 2018.
Short-listed candidates will be visited in their current school w/c 5th February for a lesson observation by the Headteacher, and then if successful, invited for a formal interview on Friday, 9th February 2018. Candidates not currently working in a school will be asked to teach as part of the interview process at our own academy.
Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In applying for this post you are required to submit:
- A completed REAch2 Academy Trust Application form which contains the Person Specification form; and
- A supporting letter of application; not to exceed two sides of A4. The person specification contains the criteria that the selection panel will use in the selection process. In addition, the panel will place considerable emphasis on your supporting letter, which should not exceed two sides of A4. When completing the application please follow these guidelines:
- You may choose to provide your details by hand or use a computer, but please complete all sections in black ink.
- Please submit the application form (containing the Person Specification Form) with your supporting letter. Do not submit a CV instead of an application form.
- When e-mailing your application, please ensure it is marked ‘Confidential’.
Henhurst Ridge Primary Academy has a rigorous Child Protection policy and is committed to the welfare of every child. Consequently, all short listed candidates will be asked for two references before interview and these could be followed up with a verbal discussion with your referee. If successful, your enhanced DBS check will be carried out irrespective of any previous checks and a Disqualification Declaration form will also be required.
Candidates will be expected to self-disclose information to us should there be any current or historical convictions, hearings or allegations. If you would like any further information to assist you in your application, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Closing date: 2nd February 2018 at 12 noon