Glenealy School Website: http://www.glenealy.edu.hk
Glenealy School is looking for an outstanding main scale class teacher to undertake a one year finite contract in our school. Our primary school, situated in Mid-Levels on Hong Kong Island, is one where children are empowered to flourish, learn and make a positive difference in the world. As part of the English Schools Foundation, the school, which was established in 1959, provides an exciting educational experience for our whole community.
The position available will be a one year, gratuitable contract starting in August 2021.
Class teachers at Glenealy maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs while empowering students to take ownership of their learning. An International Baccalaureate PYP school, we value inquiry and the personalisation of learning for all children, and are seeking teachers who are committed to helping each child become the best that they can be.
Teachers engage with our close community of parents, are flexible in their pedagogical approach and collaborate extensively with teachers across the school. Collaboration and engagement with other schools across ESF in order to continually innovate and provide the best for our students is an expectation. Teachers are accountable for the progress of their students, engaging in ongoing reflection and professional development in order to develop their knowledge and skills, to continually improve learning and teaching for our students.
Teaching and Assessment:
- Collaboratively plan engaging and challenging lessons and sequences of lessons to meet each student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student progression in line with the IB Primary Years Programme
- Use a range of appropriate strategies for the facilitation of learning along with positive classroom management.
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
- Use technology to effectively enhance and transform learning experiences
- Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students’ achievements in relation to learning outcomes.
- Provide timely, clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
- Planning for and engaging in professional learning activities that support the school’s strategic plans and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and use the outcomes to improve teaching and learning.
- Collaborating with members of the school community, and other schools in the foundation to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with aspects of daily school operations
- Contributing to the extra-curricular and community life of the school
- Engaging with school development plans and supporting leaders at all levels of the school
- Contributing to specialist areas of school development.
- Supporting a range of student activities including wellbeing programmes
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Closing Date: 11 May 2021
For enquiries, please contact Jonna Paag at +852 2522 1919 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
ESF Glenealy School is a community-based school. We are proud of the positive relationships that we build with students, their families and the wider community. Being a 2-form entry ESF primary school of 360 students, we are able to offer a personalised, inclusive and flexible approach to meeting the needs of our learners.
At Glenealy, highly skilled teachers ensure an education that is transformational. We develop caring and curious global citizens who make a positive difference. We provide meaningful and relevant experiences where learners develop skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes for success in life. Our safe, nurturing environment values each learners’ voice and choice, fostering positive relationships in which learners flourish.
At Glenealy, our mission statement is to empower learners to flourish and make a positive difference. Our vision for every student is to be the best that they can be. We support and challenge students to ensure continual academic progress, personal growth and high standards.
An extensive co-curricular programme provides opportunities for students to participate in a range of arts, sports and special interest activities.
Glenealy School - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of age 5 - 11 years
ESF Glenealy School is a community-based school. We are proud of the positive relationships that we build with students, their families and the wider community. Being a 2-form entry ESF primary school of 360 students, we are able to offer a personali...