We are looking for an enthusiastic young teaching assistant happy to mentor children (majority Year 2) to be masters of their own learning. Someone who wants to be part of a supportive team with a child-centered and highly hands-on approach to teaching and learning. Experience teaching an international curriculum and Montessori is appreciated, but not essential. If you care for ecology and believe that care and respect for the environment need to be prioritized, if you believe teaching kindness, truthfulness, and justice to children is just as important as academics, if you are practicing a growth mindset and are able to instill the love of learning in children, please get in touch!
The successful candidate will join our enthusiastic team. The early primary post is a full-time teaching post, well-supported by management. Brilliant Stars International Primary School grew out of parents' requests for further education following on from the well-established and highly regarded Brilliant Stars International Kindergarten. This year the school is expanding further into a Secondary School.
Type: International School
Phase: Year 2 - Lower Primary School
- Age Range: 5-7 years
- Planning, teaching, and class management.
- Monitoring, assessment, recording, and reporting.
- Continued professional development.
- Minimum administrative work.
- Preferably have a variety of teaching experience.
- EU or UK citizenship.
Our package includes:
- On-site training: Montessori and Character Education (Virtues)
- Three-course highly nutritious healthy school Lunch daily (Including freshly baked bread directly at the School).
- Salary is double the Slovak national average (pay scale).
- UK or EU passport (with an EU work permit).
- Covered Health Insurance and Social Insurance.
- 40 days of paid holidays.
- Fixed Term Contract (2-year minimum), may lead to permanent contract.
- Small class sizes (12-16 Students per teacher)
- Strong Administrative Support with legal documentation (e.g. registering with a doctor, opening a bank account…) and advice and support on finding accommodation (often within walking distance).
- Working in an international, friendly, and inspiring team
- Professional growth with a tuition fee discount
- Mother tongue English or active knowledge of English at the C1 level (teaching takes place in English)
- Experience with international curricula is an advantage
- Experience with Montessori pedagogy is an advantage
- Experience with education in an international environment is an advantage
Our School Day:
All teachers start at 8:00 and finish at 16:00. School Children start the day at 8:15 and finish
at 15:00. Bi-weekly 30min staff meetings.
Please send CV with contact details of two referees to our Director by clicking apply button.
Shortlisted candidates will have a Phone/Online interview.
A little about Bratislava - Slovakia:
Bratislava is a friendly city with under an hour’s train journey from Vienna, 2h from Budapest, and 3h from Prague. It has cheap, reliable and frequent public transport. Brilliant Stars is located one tram stop from the heart of the city. Next to the Danube with easy access to Vienna and Bratislava Airports.
There are also many volunteering opportunities, including various eco projects that school launches, working with disadvantaged Roma Settlements, and neighbourhood building.
Brilliant Stars International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 15 years