Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS Wellington is a premium school in the Doha market and opened in October 2015. We aim to ensure that every student is inspired and supported to achieve their personal best in a creative and enterprising culture where learning comes first. Through the development of our core values, known as our PEARLS we encourage the students to become committed, optimistic, resourceful and enterprising life-long learners. We believe that every student can and should achieve their full potential and our commitment is one of ensuring our students develop a love of learning, a passion for enquiry and a dedication to being the best that they can be. All pupils will Dream, Believe and Achieve, leaving with a memory of a remarkable journey.
About the Role
GEMS Wellington, Qatar, are recruiting an experienced and dedicated whole school Vice Principal. The successful candidate will support the Principal in achieving the schools ambitious and exciting vision. The Vice Principal will oversee the Secondary school along with leading on some whole school areas of responsibility, day to day operations of the academic team and the strategic implementation of the school improvement plan. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the school through its next stage of development and make a valuable contribution to its future successes.
As Vice Principal at GEMS Wellington School, Qatar, you can expect to lead a school with high quality facilities, work with passionate and dedicated staff from across the globe, provide for truly international minded students who have a thirst for learning, and engage with highly aspirational and supportive parents.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a vocational and inspirational educator who supports an inclusive learning environment, with the ability to raise standards for all students
• Have had successful experiences of leading and managing staff resulting in improved learning and student outcomes
• Be knowledgeable and confident in delivering the National Curriculum for
• Have very high standards and expectations for all, with excellence as the primary goal
• Be strategic and considered in their actions with a proven track record in school improvement and self-evaluation processes
• Be an effective orator who can clearly communicate and convey the school vision to key stakeholders, inspiring and motivating them to become an integral part of the process
• Be someone who is visible within the school community, with presence and exudes gravitas both in their appearance and in actions
• Believe in collaborative and distributed leadership, seeing value in the coaching and mentoring of colleagues to maximize potential and impact
• Believe strongly in and fully support the wider co-curricular life of the school to develop fully rounded students
• Be a team player and have the ability to maintain a sense of perspective and humour.
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes as well as work with our internationally recognised GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.
Please note, applications will be reviewed as and when they are submitted, early applications are encouraged.
Please include a cover letter or document to outline the below:
• suitability for the role based on their experience to date
• educational and leadership ethos
• evidence of impact of your leadership on improving student outcomes
A full job description is available on request.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation, schooling, medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of service gratuity.
GEMS Wellington School, Qatar
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
GEMS Wellington is a premium school in the Doha market and opened in October 2015. We aim to ensure that every student is inspired and supported to achieve their personal best in a creative and enterprising culture where learning comes first. Through...