0.5 Art & Media Technician
Salary: Up to £19,116.79 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience
Hours: 18.5 per week
Site: Nelson and Colne College
Closing Date: Midnight – Sunday 26th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a part-time 0.5 Art & Media Technician to join our dedicated Creative and Digital team on a fixed-term basis for 12 months. This role will be predominantly based at Nelson and Colne College however flexibility is required in this role as the successful candidate may also be required to travel across any of the College campuses.
What You Will Be Doing
• To provide technical support for the teaching of Art and Media with particular responsibility for preparation of photosilkscreens
• To assist with classroom set-ups, ordering of stock etc.
• To assist in the usage of computer software for visual imaging
• To prepare/organise the safe storage, usage, disposal and ordering of equipment/materials associated with technical support
• To mount, present work for exams, displays and exhibitions
• To provide admin support to the wider team, as required
What We Are Looking For:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• DIP HE/HND/BA in Art & Media (desirable)
• Practical experience, awareness and understanding of Art & Media practice (desirable)
• Ability to prepare photosilkscreens (desirable)
• Ability to use computer software for visual imaging (desirable)
• Ability to mount and present work for exams, displays, exhibitions (desirable)
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on email@example.com
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...