0.5 Lecturer Teacher Education * 2 roles
Salary: Up to £36,007 pro rata depending on experience
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Site: Accrington & Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight – 8th December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of Colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Roles
The College Group are looking for two Teacher Education Lecturers to join our Higher Education team, with one role being on a fixed term basis (until July 2022). Both roles will be for 17.5 hours per week and be based at Accrington & Rossendale College, although travel between the College sites may be required.
What You Will Be Doing:
• To plan and prepare a high-quality learning experience, including for delivery online, as required.
• Lead in developing, delivering, monitoring and evaluating undergraduate programmes in the programme areas of Teacher Education, Early Years and Childhood Studies, Working with Children, Young People & Families and /or Teaching & Learning Support. To work across the range of programmes in the Higher Education Division.
What We Are Looking For:
• Degree in a relevant subject area.
• Recognised teaching qualification.
• A higher degree (MA/MSc/Mphil) or PhD
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...