Salary: £22,834 - £26,479 (FTE), pro rata per annum inclusive of London Weighting. We will normally appoint at the bottom of the salary scale unless the successful candidate has relevant experience relating to the selection criteria over and above what is required
Hours of Work: 21 hours per week
Unleash your potential
Working within the Visual Arts Team, this post is to provide technical support in the digital design area including digital computing, illustration, graphic design, interior design, and running the 3D and 2D prototyping equipment.
This post involves providing technical support to tutors and students in the Programme area. Ensuring the spaces and equipment are safe, tidy and in full working order and undertaking maintenance and repairs to equipment or arranging for external specialist maintenance/repairs. Additionally, this role will be responsible for monitoring and implementing health and safety procedures within the studio and maintaining accurate health and safety records; this includes supervising the implementation of COSHH and PAT testing. More information is detailed within the job description.
Be part of our Community
City Lit is London's largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more then 5,000 courses. As a leader in our field, we have a reputation for delivering a high quality student experience. However our reach and impact within London is far reaching and through the support of our Community Outreach department extends beyond our campus’s to bring City Lit’s teaching into the community.
What we are looking for (Please address the specific criteria below within your covering letter and attach to your CV file):
- A 3D design degree or professional (or equivalent) qualification appropriate to the post. Demonstrating an awareness of 3D design principles, creative problem solving and intellectual flexibility.
- Working as a technician (or equivalent) in a digital and/or graphic studio environment including setting up, running and using 3D printers, laser cutters and their software
- Experience of file preparation for 3D printers and laser cutters, monitoring and troubleshooting, and post production clean up. Working knowledge of the latest versions of Adobe Premiere and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience managing an organised workplace and keeping on top of equipment and materials.
- Career or hobby experience working with your hands, tools or machinery including finishing skills e.g sanding, polishing, painting
To apply please follow the link provided which will take you to our online portal: https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/citylit/vms/e/careers/search/new
Closing date for completed applications: 23:59, Sunday 29 July 2018
Interview date: Thursday 16 August 2018
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity.