Smart Teachers is recruiting for a 0.7FTE Technology and Applied Studies (TAS) Teacher at our leading Independent client school located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities.
About the Role:
- 0.7FTE TAS Teacher
- Located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs
- Teaching Stages 4-6 Technology Mandatory including Textiles, Architecture, Graphic Design, Robotics, Stage 5 Information Software Technology (IST), Stage 6 Software Development and Design (SDD)
- Job Reference: #TES1710-522373SM
- Part-time and permanent tole
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- Situated on a single campus in suburban location overlooking Sydney Harbour. The school features a mix of 19th century and modern buildings, gardens and fields.
- One of the highest ranked school in New South Wales
- Facilities include Chapel, Library, Gymnasium, Multi-Purpose Centre, Performing Arts Centre, Sports Fields and Swimming Pool
- School aims to challenge the students to become independent and equip them with the skills necessary for lifelong learning
- Benefits for staff – free staff shuttle buses to and from the train station, subsidised yoga classes, use of swimming pool, subsidised lunches, catered morning teas, Macbook computer and annual flu vaccinations
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and is easily accessible by public transport – buses, train, ferry and road. It is located 7 kilometres (4 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. This suburb is an affluent and prestigious harbourside suburb of Sydney. It is home to elite private schools and government schools. It is family friendly and offers range of cafes and restaurants in the area.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Previously experience teaching Technology Mandatory, IST and SDD will be highly regarded
- Able to develop innovative teaching and learning programmes complemented by meaningful assessment, all incorporating effective integration of ICT
- Capable in building on the integration of STEM activities within the department and across other teaching faculties
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1710-522373SM.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.