St Joseph’s Primary - CORAKI
Diocese of Lismore
Applicants with suitable qualifications are invited to apply for the following Leadership position:
This position will incorporate the temporary positions of
0.8fte Instructional Leader (2019-2020)
0.2fte Leader of Pedagogy Co2 (2019-2021)
The successful applicant will be offered a Full Time Permanent Teaching position at the school.
Instruction Leader: Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Contributes to building the capacity of teachers by:
- modelling, coaching and promoting classroom strategies that maximise student learning and incorporate the principles of contemporary learning
- critically reviewing research on best practice in teaching and learning to assist colleagues to further develop their teaching expertise
- promoting an attitude of learning to learn
- initiating strategies for developing a climate for providing and accepting constructive feedback and recognition of achievement.
Leaders of Pedagogy:
Teaching quality leading to improved learning, engagement and well-being outcomes for students.
The Leader of Pedagogy supports the Principal with the educational leadership of the school community. The person is responsible for maintaining and developing the school as a centre of quality learning and teaching. This involves leading and facilitating the school professional learning teams, modelling high quality teaching for his/her colleagues across the school and to lead and support them in the development and refinement of their teaching practice to improve student learning and wellbeing outcomes.
- lead the school professional learning teams and their outcomes;
- lead the school as a data informed learning community;
- provide direct modelling and coaching to the teaching staff to develop teaching expertise;
- ensure school based professional learning opportunities are adequate, informed and aligned to student needs;
- co-lead the school goal setting and feedback processes with staff;
- work collaboratively across a cluster of schools using the principles of action learning for school improvement;
- be accountable for system priorities in learning and teaching and alignment to the system strategic intent areas;
Co2 point “Leaders of” positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as co-ordinator. A new cycle commences in 2019. All co-ordinator positions must be advertised every 3 years within the school and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed for the contract period 2019 - 2021, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to complete the requirements of Accreditation To Work Teach and Lead, Category C, during this next triennium cycle.
Forward written applications as a single document addressing your teacher qualifications, experience and suitability for the role of Instructional Leader and Leader of Pedagogy along with names and details of three referees, including the parish priest at your regular place of worship to:
Brendan Moloney – Principal St Joseph’s Primary School Coraki
Applications must be received by 9.00am Friday 16 November 2018.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website