The Linden Academy have an important new opportunity for two Learning Support Assistants to join our support team! We are seeking caring and reliable individuals who will work on a 1:1 basis with 2 children in Reception with special educational needs. We are looking for someone who has experience working with special needs and will work closely with our SENCo to help support their intellectual and social developmental needs during school times. The successful candidate will need to plan, resource and deliver personalised activities inside and outside of the classroom, which will help meet his agreed targets.
The successful candidate will:
· Possess a good standard of written/oral English and Numeracy skills
· Have previous experience in an educational setting and working with children aged 4 to 12
· Have the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with children and adults
· Have knowledge of how/when best to intervene in children’s learning in order to help them progress
· Have patience, resilience and a passion for the educational needs and development of happy and competent children
· Be able to engage children both inside and outside of learning times
· Have knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults in the education sector as applicable to this role
The successful candidate will ideally:
· Have a GCSE/O-Level equivalent in basic Maths and English
· Have qualifications or prior training linked to education, child development, counselling and/or special educational needs
· Have practical knowledge of a variety of conditions that may affect children’s learning and development
· Start date: As soon as possible
· Salary: L1a:6 – Full-time equivalent - £16,394 / Pro rata - £12,406
· Hours: 32.5 hours a week, 8:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday
· Job Role: Term time only, permanent
Why work for The Linden Academy?
- Linden Academy was previously a fee-paying independent school under the name Moorlands, since converting to ‘The Linden Academy’ the school has very much kept their traditional values but applied them to a modern context.
- Lovely small class sizes with 18-24 maximum per class with fantastic facilities and resources
- Brilliant CPD opportunities if you wish to improve and develop
- Experienced and innovative leadership with a fully committed governing body
- Join a lovely close-knit team of teachers and SLT that are genuinely here to support you and want to see you succeed