Vision for Education is seeking to appoint SEND LSA to work on a 1:1 basis with a visually impaired student within a mainstream secondary school located in South Bristol. This role will be starting in September 2019 on a part-time, permanent basis (term time only).
The desired SEND LSA should have experience working with secondary aged pupils with SEND, and ideally hold a TA or HLTA qualification. You will be able to work closely with the classroom teacher to plan innovative and engaging lessons that will meet the needs of pupil.
We pride ourselves on our provision of good and outstanding practitioners to fantastic settings in the area. We are looking to hear from passionate and determined individuals who are looking to share their skills and expertise for this role.
To be considered for the 1:1 SEND LSA role, you will:
- Ideally (but not essential) hold a TA or HLTA qualification or graduate seeking experience in the education sector
- Experience working with children with special educational needs including but not exclusively, visual impairment
- Experience working with children display challenging behavior
- Have current/recent experience (within the last two years)
- Be flexible, resilient and the ability to think on their feet
- Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one through Vision for Education and have it registered on the Update Service
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What the school can offer you:
• Free on-site parking
• Full training and fantastic support network
• Free access to ongoing CPD
• Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Ash Fortune on 0117 248 2600 or send your CV to email@example.com