1:1 Teaching Assistant for PRU
- Pupil Referral Unit setting in Wakefield
- £65 - £75 (per day)
- June 2018 start
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a full time 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in a local SEMH setting in Wakefield.
This will be a full time 1:1 role working with KS3 / 4 students commencing immediately. This is a temporary role, but could have the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.This is a specialist setting catering for students who show signs of Social, Emotional and Mental Health from KS2 – KS4.
In this setting we are looking for a committed and motivational 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join their successful team. The school specialises in Nurture and have a driven and successful teaching and management team.
The position can be very changing however also very rewarding. 1:1 Teaching Assistant within a PRU play an important role in helping to create structure and a positive experience in the students’ academic learning.The successful 1:1 Teaching Assistant for this role will have excellent knowledge of working with young learners in similar settings, and ideally will have worked with children with challenging behaviour.
The desired Teaching Assistant will be team teach trained however this is not essential as Vision offer regular CPD training at NO COST.
To be considered for this post you must:
- Have experience supporting young learners in similar settings
- Hold a Team teach qualification (not essential as we offer CPD training)
- Have a genuine desire to make a difference in vulnerable young learners lives
- Have a passion to help children achieve their full potential
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified 1:1 Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team, at the Huddersfield branch on 01484 642928 or email@example.com