Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are actively recruiting for dynamic and enthusiastic 1:1 Teaching Assistant’s to work exclusively with children with Autism (ASD) on a long-term supply basis in a Special Needs School in Cambridge.
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant, your role will include working exclusively with individual children with Autism (ASD) and Asperger’s Syndrome. The successful candidate will be expected to be actively involved in assisting students through their academic, personal and behavioural elements of school life. Whilst no two days will be the same as a Teaching Assistant, the successful candidate will be actively involved in:
- Liaising with the SENCO/Inclusion Manager to ensure effective SEND Provision is provided at all times.
- Providing targeted support either inside or outside of the classroom.
- Working alongside the teacher to monitor progress.
- Supporting children to complete activities and differentiate such activities to different children (depending on their needs, skills and abilities).
- Developing children and young people’s social, emotional, behavioural and physical skills and development.
- Assisting and providing 1:1 support to individual children in the classroom.
- Accompany pupils to relevant therapy sessions if required.
It is essential that you have a Team Teach qualification for this position and experience of working with children, young people and/or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), ideally Autism and/or Asperger’s Syndrome.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Teaching Assistants with a Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare or equivalent, as well as from those with a Support Worker and/or Career background.
In return for your hard work, Vision for Education will offer you:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay
- Regular training sessions including Team Teach and Autism Awareness, as well as access to over 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your professional development.
- Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our Supply Staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company).
· We are an agency that won’t charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won’t stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education’s stringent Safeguarding and Vetting Checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current Child Workforce DBS (Enhanced) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered on the Online Update Service and/or your DBS is not under Child Workforce, Vision will assist you in completing an application.
If you’re looking for an exciting new position and you feel you have the qualities we are looking for, please apply for this role today! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or email Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk