Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated 1:1 Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC) on a part-time or full-time basis in Bury.
The role of 1:1 Tutor will be based in youth settings or homes in Bury supporting young people who are unable to access an education setting. Ideal candidates must have experience with working with mixed level abilities, and be able to motivate and help students to progress and achieve success rates in core subjects.
As a 1:1 Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. As you will be working on a 1:1 basis with students, this role will require you to work with students to build positive, professional relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student’s timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, however as a minimum students will be studying Core subjects, therefore the ability to teach English and Maths is required.
As a designated 1:1 Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around each pupil’s EHCP and make reasonable adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus, therefore you will be required to be adaptable and able to think on your feet.
You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
It is essential that successful 1:1 Tutor:
• Has proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential
• Holds a full UK driving licence and has business insurance on their vehicle is preferred
• Be able to confidently plan and deliver sessions covering Maths and English as a minimum
• Has a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
• Has experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
The salary for this position will be dependent upon experience and qualifications, and there is the opportunity to work on a part-time and full-time basis.