St Bernard’s Catholic High School
1:1 Tutor of English or Maths
£25 per hour
Start date: asap
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is an outstanding, popular and over-subscribed 11- 16 academy in Rotherham. We are a Catholic Voluntary Academy and Teaching School who serve the East Rotherham area welcoming students of all faiths and denominations.
We are seeking to appoint a Tutor of English or Maths, to provide high quality 1:1 tuition to students aged 11 – 16.
We are looking for a Tutor who:
· To plan, prepare and deliver engaging 1:1 Tuition to students aged 11 – 16
· Has the desire and ability to help children of all abilities and backgrounds reach the highest levels of attainment and progress
· To have knowledge and experience of the most current GCSE Specification
· To consult with and inform staff regarding the progress, attainment, attitude and behaviour of students
· Can be flexible in their working hours
· Is supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos (however you do not need to be a practicing Catholic)
We will offer you:
- Supportive and hard working Maths and English departments and Leadership Team
- A calm, well-disciplined learning environment
- The opportunity to contribute to our Teaching School
As a school we are committed to supporting Newly Qualified Teachers to ensure a smooth transition into school and a comprehensive programme of support and mentoring will be made available. Equally this post would suit a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge and who may also want to take on further responsibility in future.
For an application pack please visit www.sbch.org.uk/about us/vacancies or contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors on 01709 828 183. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs V Smith, St Bernard’s Catholic High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE or email email@example.com. Please note that only completed Catholic Education Service application forms will be accepted. Visits are welcome.
As this role is required on a supply basis, please register your interest by completing an application form by 26th October 2018. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.