1 to 1 Tutor
- Halifax based
- Full time on going from September 2018 (1 year)
-Experience of tutoring is a must for this role
- Includes working School Holidays
- Must have experience or working with SEND
- The pay for this role will be between £120 and £140 (per day)
Vision for Education are seeking a talented and committed individual with a strong knowledge of autism/SEN and relevant, demonstrable experience in supporting a child on a one to one basis.
This position is to support a young Male who is joining an Independent mainstream setting. You will lead on classwork, behaviour management and helping with the child’s daily routine. It is expected that the successful 1 to 1 Tutor will be instrumental in developing new techniques in communication (in line with the existing speech and language therapy programme) and new ways to foster a positive learning environment.
The ideal 1 to 1 Tutor must be confident in selecting the appropriate approach when delivering your sessions, showcasing your ability to adapt in different situations and to utilise your experience of working in similar environments to enable you to learn quickly how best to engage our child in learning.It is anticipated that the 1 to 1 Tutor will initially be educated alone likely for much of the reception year, with class integration effected as soon as he becomes capable of engaging constructively with lessons in a classroom environment.
The successful 1 to 1 Tutor will have full access, subject to timetabling of other lessons, to the facilities of The School, with whom we are working in close collaboration.
We are looking for a candidate for this 1 to 1 Tutor:
· who is a qualified and experienced practitioner (QTS desirable but not essential)
· with at least one year’s experience of EYFS and SEN along with particular support for autism
· who is flexible and reliable with high levels of motivation, imagination and enthusiasm in return we can offer:
· the pleasure of working with a highly intelligent, affectionate and humorous 4 year old boy
· access to a cutting-edge speech and language therapy programme
· a unique learning environment at the best independent preparatory school in the country and
· a close working relationship with our child’s unfailingly supportive parents
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts.
As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a 1 to 1 Tutor, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
Please contact our friendly team in Vision for Education's Huddersfield branch today for more information. We will require an up to date CV for this role. 01484 642928